Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Today's THE Day!

Wednesday September 25th, 2013

Today's THE Day!


Well.....HELLO, Wednesday!  It's sooo nice to see you!!! Took your sweet time getting here, 'eh?

So...today is the day!! The day where I take charge of my life, and get a fresh new start!  It feels amazing!  Kind of un-real, to be honest.

Last week, I got a call from a lady at Good Sameritan...and old lady, with a crackily smokers hack voice........she wanted to check me in to the hospital over the phone, and asked me about a million questions about my health, previous surgeries, diseases, and gave me pre-op instructions......they were as follows....

1. Liquid Diet starting 6 days prior to surgery....this included all forms of liquid, but mostly I just drank skim milk with protein powder mixed in, and water with Crystal Lite.
2. Clear Liquids starting 2 days prior to surgery.....this is where things got rough.....and this morning, I'm pretty sure that my brain isn't functioning correctly!  6 days without solid food makes for a pretty tired, emotional, drained, Rachel.     Can't imagine what the next SIX weeks on liquid will be like!
3. Don't shave your abdoman!  WHAT?  Do girls do that?  I starting cracking up laughing over the phone when she said this....and in her crass, old-lady voice, she kept asking me, "Why are you laughing?"  Apparently, when you tell that to people day in and day out.....it loses it's humor.....but to me?  Hilarious!!
4.  Wash with anti-bacterial soap the morning of the surgery!  Okay....that one's easy!


So here I am....20 minutes before leaving my house.....showered, shaved, (but not my belly!), and anti-bacterialed.....and I have this weird sense of calm about me......I'm not sure if it's from the food depravation and exhaustion, or if I'm just......after 8 months of thinking about this day.........READY.

I have so much more to say.....but I HAVE TO GO!!! OMG!!! IT"S HERE!!!!!

But I do have to say....to all of you who have read my blogs, talked with me on facebook, hugged me in person, offered to help in some way.....THANK YOU!  At first, I was so ashamed of the idea of having Gastirc Bypass, that I thought I'd keep it to myself....but I'm SOOO glad that I didn't!  The amount of support, and commiseration that has been shown to me through this, has been absolutely beyond words!  You are all incredible friends, and I can't imagine going through this without all of your gentle words of encouragement!! So, thank you!!

Wish Me Luck!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment